Carbon Monoxide – The Silent Killer / Win a FireAngel CO Alarm Worth £40
Carbon Monoxide — the silent killer. One person dies every week, four are treated in hospital each day, and sadly children are the most vulnerable.
A great number of GP practices do not even own the equipment to test for Carbon Monoxide poisoning. It’s time that every GP had the necessary equipment to detect the fatal gas at the crucial early stages.
Help make this happen by signing a petition to make Carbon Monoxide Near-Patient Testing Devices mandatory in every GP surgery across the UK.
Signing the petition is a simple two-part process:
- Sign the petition
- Verify your support via an email sent to your inbox
Please sign the petition and verify your support, then enter my giveaway below for a chance to win a FireAngel CO alarm worth £40! Terms & Conditions apply. UK entrants only. The giveaway will end on the 20th of September 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
More facts about Carbon Monoxide poisoning from the Corgi website:
- Each year in the UK, around 50 people die from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning. 4,000 people go to A&E (Source: Gas Safety Trust) due to the effects of the gas and 200 are hospitalised (Source: NHS, 2014).
- Our research reveals that, shockingly, 1 in 10 of us has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning (Source: CORGI HomePlan, 2015). So why does not everyone know about the silent killer and worse, why are families not protecting themselves?
- Less than half of us even have a CO alarm in our home and a third of people think you can smell, touch or taste the fatal gas – this is WRONG.
- Carbon monoxide is caused in the majority of cases because of poorly maintained or incorrectly installed household appliances and research from Gas Safe Register shows that 1 in 11 boilers in the UK is unsafe. Even in minor doses, carbon monoxide poisoning can cause long term health problems. Surely it’s time to protect you and your family?