My Christmas Toy Shopping List – Gift Guide for Siblings Aged 1 & 4
We can’t deny it, it’s getting close to Christmas! The weeks are flying by and if you’re shopping for Christmas gifts online, it’s always good to leave a bit of extra time for delivery. This year, I’m only buying presents for my own two children and my niece and nephew. The rest of us — the adults! — have decided to focus on having a good time together instead of stressing about gifts which is lovely. I am excited about shopping for the kids though!
My own daughters are nearly 4 years old and 1.5 years old and, most of the time, they play with the same toys. There are only a few exceptions, the toys with tiny pieces, that my eldest plays with on her own. Because they usually play with the same things, many of the toys I’ll be buying them for Christmas will be for both of them to hopefully share nicely… (A girl can dream!)
Here’s what my Christmas toy shopping list looks like at the moment:
- A large SmartMax set. We have the SmartMax My First Safari Animals set and both girls love it! My eldest read the product leaflet that came with it and asked about the other sets that allow you to build other things.
- Recently, my eldest has started to teach her little sister things which is so sweet. They both love Peppa Pig so this Peppa’s First 100 Words book would be great for them to read together.
- Lottie Dolls are a huge favourite in this household! The girls play with their dolls all the time and for Christmas I plan to expand their collection with a couple of more dolls. I love the look of the Fossil Hunter Lottie Doll and the Wildlife Photographer Mia with a Cochlear Implant is another amazing doll that I know the girls would enjoy playing with.
- Wooden puzzles are another shared interest and I’m a big fan of Grimm’s beautiful toys. I’m eyeing up this Grimm’s Complementary Star Puzzle for the girls this Christmas. Both of them are quite obsessed with rainbow colours — like their mother — so I’m sure they’ll appreciate the colours of this puzzle.
- Kid K’Nex is a great toy! It’s like a Duplo version of regular K’Nex and perfect for small hands. We have the Kid K’Nex Budding Builders Building Tub and a few more sets and they get played with several times a day. I would love to add the set with wheels to our collection.
- Wooden foods are my favourite toys and the girls share my passion! There are many sets on my wish list of foods to add to our toys but the two I love the most at the moment are the Hape Hamburgers and Hotdogs set and the Hape Sushi Selection set. They are both so adorable and fun!
- The Wheels on the Bus is a song we sing a lot so I think the girls would love this Peppa Pig: The Wheels on the Bus board book to read together. You can never have too many books!
That’s my current shopping list with gift ideas for my children.
Have you started Christmas shopping yet?