#ClothNappyMonday – Ecopipo Onesize Pocket Nappy Review
I’m really excited to write this blog post today as it’s the start of a kind of blog series within my #ClothNappyMonday blog series. I’ve recently been introduced to a cloth nappy brand called Ecopipo and am currently testing four of their nappy types (One is a brand new type that will be released soon! It’s amazing!), some cloth nappy accessories and reusable cloth pads too.
Alongside these reviews there will also be a HUGE Ecopipo cloth nappy giveaway and another one a bit later when the new type of nappy is available to purchase. It’s all very exciting and I can’t wait to share my experience using this brand. Ecopipo is a family owned business which is lovely and the nappies are made in Mexico.
The first review in this series is for the Ecopipo Onesize Pocket Nappy which is a wonderful cloth nappy for daytime wear. It’s available in lots of bright and stylish block colours and lots of fun and beautiful prints too. We have a stunning grey one with a contrasting turquoise hook and loop system and we also have the Daisies design that you can see in the middle below.
The Ecopipo Onesize Pocket Nappy is a birth to potty nappy that fits babies from 7-8 lbs/3.6 kg up to 35lbs+/16 kg and is adjustable to fit as your baby grows. If you have a small baby or need a smaller nappy for the newborn days, Ecopipo also makes newborn cloth nappies.
Let’s have a closer look at this cloth nappy and all its features:
- The nappy has a durable hook and loop (Velcro) fastening system which makes it really easy and quick to put on and take off. Velcro also ensures a good fit around the waist and it more adjustable than poppers which is the alternative fastening. Velcro can be damaged in the wash over time but Ecopipo has taken care of this problem and you get a Vecro cover with each nappy that has hook and loop fastening. You put this cover on the large bit of Velcro at the front of the nappy before washing and it protects the Velcro during the wash. There are tabs on the back too, to protect the Velcro at the back and keep them from sticking to other items in the wash.
- The nappy has a pocket that is easy to stuff and that keeps the insert in place very well. The nappy comes with a long insert that you fold and put inside. I like the inserts — they are very absorbent and I like that it’s all in one piece, making it easy to keep track of it in the wash and convenient to dry too. The insert is made of one-third microfibers and two-thirds organic bamboo for maximum absorbency. You can see a photo of the insert further down in this post.
- The outer layer of the nappy is made of waterproof, good quality PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) which is the most popular fabric used in cloth nappy covers. It’s a soft fabric that is coated to make it waterproof. It’s very flexible and feels nice to touch.
- The inner layer is lined with soft microfleece which washes well and keeps your baby’s bottom dry as it wicks the moisture through to the insert below. A really great feature is the double ultra-soft elastic gusset system that is amazing at ensuring that there are no leaks!
“Ecopipo One Size Pocket Nappies are made using ethically sourced, eco-friendly fabrics to provide maximum comfort for your baby and total peace of mind for you.”
Let’s have a look at the fit! The fit of a nappy is very important to the success of using it. It needs to fit snuggly but comfortably on your baby and needs to be adjustable to fit as your baby grows bigger.
- The Ecopipo Onesize Pocket Nappy has poppers on the front so that you can make the nappy the right size for your child. My toddler is 22 months old and on the larger side so I don’t fasten any of the poppers for her. The Velcro hook and loop ensure a perfect fit around the waist.
- The nappy has a soft and durable, stretchy elastic at the back that ensures a snug but comfortable fit without causing any marks on your baby’s delicate skin. It also keeps any poos safely inside the nappy!
- The Ecopipo Onesize Pocket Nappy fits beautifully around my toddlers legs without leaving any gaps which is just what you look for in a nappy because gaps can mean leaks.
We are very pleased with our two Ecopipo Onesize Pocket Nappies! They fit really well, have lots of great features and the absorbency is brilliant too. I wash the nappies at 40-60 degrees and line dry the covers and sometimes tumble dry the inserts if it’s raining or too cold outside. They wash very well and don’t take too long to dry at all which is important to me. If I wash with some coloured items, a small amount of fluff sometimes sticks to the inside of the nappy but this really doesn’t matter and it’s easily removed with a lint roller.
Ecopipo Onesize Pocket Nappies cost £12.99/£13.99 each which is good value for their great quality! Ecopipo onesize pocket nappies were shortlisted as a finalist for the Mother & Baby Award in 2017 which is well-deserved!
Enter my Huge Ecopipo Cloth Nappy Giveaway!
For a chance to win an amazing Ecopipo cloth nappy bundle including the products below, enter my giveaway through the Rafflecopter further down. Terms & Conditions apply. UK Entrants over the age of 18 years only. The giveaway will run until the 20th of April 2018 in this blog post and my other Ecopipo cloth nappy and accessories reviews. One winner will be chosen randomly. Designs and colours may vary.
The bundle is worth over £90 and includes:
- 1 x Pocket nappy with prints @ £13.99
- 1 x Pocket nappy block colour @ £12.99
- 1 x AIO nappy print or block colour @ £14.50
- 1 x adjustable night nappy @ £13.99
- 1 x nappy wrap @ £10.49
- 1 x set of 10 washable wipes @ £6.99
- 1 x wet bag @ £7.00
- 1 x bamboo booster @ £4.00
- 1 x bamboo/micro fiber insert @ £6.50
Enter the giveaway here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Samples provided by Ecopipo for this review. As always, all my reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own. The giveaway is in collaboration with Ecopipo and the prize will be sent out my them directly.