Le Petit Ballon Wine Subscription September 2017 – Rhône Trip
September is nearly over and this month I enjoyed another Le Petit Ballon wine subscription box. I’ve been testing the service for a few months now and I really enjoy it. You can find my previous reviews of Le Petit Ballon boxes here. Any wine lover would enjoy this service of a couple of new surprise wines arriving at your doorstep each month!
The service works like this:
- Every month you receive two bottles of wine carefully selected to match the profile that you’ve provided by taking a wine quiz when you sign up. The wines are chosen by expert Jean-Michel Deluc, former Sommelier Chef at The Ritz.
- There’s usually a theme for each month which is always fun!
- With your wine, you also get The Gazette magazine which is a little publication that tells you everything there is to know about wine without all the waffle!
- For each bottle, you get an information card with information about the wine and access to tasting advice and tips in the form of posts and videos.
- Your wine is delivered to your home which is very comfortable and can you imagine anything better arriving at your doorstep? No, me neither.
- There are two monthly subscription options: Grape Expectations (£24.90) with two great value wines or Age of Raisin (£39.90) with two prestigious labels for connoisseurs
- You can pause or cancel your subscription at any time.
- You can also enjoy 20% off the range to stock up your wine cellar if you wish to buy more.
I received a white wine and a red wine in my box as that’s what I’ve put as my preference. I’m trying to drink more white wines too as I tend to always go for red when I buy wine from the supermarket.
Château Suau Bordeaux Blanc 2016 is a delicate, organic wine that’s pleasant and easy to drink. It’s fresh, light and fruity and makes a good companion to simple family meals or with a little cheese selection. It’s got a pale gold colour and aromas of white fruits and flowers, citrus, mint and gooseberries. It’s quite summery but I think it suits the month of September too. It’s a very tasty white wine!
Domaine Grand Nicolet Rasteau 2015 is a very strong and powerful red! It’s full of robust and spicy flavours and the full-bodied wine is also high in alcohol content at 15%. The wine is dark with hints of purple and violet and the flavour is peppery, smokey and full of tastes of rich, dark fruits too. It’s a very interesting wine that can be enjoyed on its own but is even better paired with foods like red meat or a flavoursome cheeseboard.
I was sent a box to review for this post. As always, all my reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.