A Practical & Stylish Outfit Idea for Dads | Transitional Weather
Us mums and dads need to dress appropriately when we’re out with the kids. We need to be able to move freely and comfortably to keep up with the kids, we need to be visible and we need to stay warm and dry — just like we ensure the kids do!
In this post, I’ve put together an outfit for dads that’s perfect for the transitional weather that we’re having now — not quite proper winter but nowhere near spring quite yet! It’s an outfit for dads who love spending time outdoors with the kids, whether it’s the playground, park or a walk in the woods. It consists of practical items that are comfortable but that look great too.
- Jeans are hard-wearing and durable and therefore a great choice for being active with the kids outdoors but not all fits are comfortable to move around in. I personally love the jogger style fit that combines the comfort of the jogger fit with the practicality of denim. These washed black Ryan jogger jeans look great and very comfortable too.
- Layering is important for adults too to help keep us at a comfortable temperature. Hoodies and sweatshirts are great under coats as an extra layer or to wear on their own when it gets warmer. This navy Jack & Jones tracksuit jacket looks very stylish too!
- A lightweight but padded jacket is a great choice for this time of the year. If you choose clothes in bold colours, it will help your kids keep track of you when you’re out and vice versa if you choose fun colours for them. This red jacket is very bright and easy to spot in a crowd.
- We always tell the kids to wear their hats and gloves and we need them too if we’re spending time outdoors in the cold. I love the yellow on this hat and these gloves from River Island.
- Maybe the most important part — boots! Go for waterproof and leather for a practical and long-lasting option. These are by Timberland and can easily be dressed up too if needed — very versatile.