Delicious Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes from Munchy Seeds
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow but there’s still time to plan something special for your loved one! Check out my 10 Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts From The Supermarket and while you’re there, pick up the ingredients needed to make one of these yummy dessert recipes from Munchy Seeds:
Dark Chocolate Truffles (makes 10)
- 100g plain chocolate
- 40ml coconut milk
- 25g Honey Seeds
- Chia seeds for dipping
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a microwaveable bowl. Crush the Munchy Seeds Honey Seeds with a rolling pin and add to the chocolate. Mix together in a separate microwaveable dish/jug – heat the coconut milk for about 25 seconds until hot but not boiling – pour over the chocolate mix, cover and wait for a few minutes.
- Give the mixture a stir. If some of the chocolate has not yet melted, heat in the microwave for 10 second bursts until you have a smooth mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon out small amounts of mixture and shape into balls. Then dip these in the chia seeds to coat.
- Put back in the fridge for an hour to chill.
Champagne & Raspberry Possets with Shortbread
Ingredients for the shortbread biscuits:
- 200g butter or dairy-free option
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 100g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour (sifted)
- Munchy Seeds (Honey Seeds, Super Berry, Choccy Apricot)
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together. Stir in the flour and mix into a dough. Add the Munchy Seeds and blend into the dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160c/ 140c (fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll out to approximately ½ cm thick and cut into hearts using a hear-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Ingredients for the possets:
- 140g frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tbsp Champagne
- 200ml double cream
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Freeze dried raspberries to decorate
- Put the raspberries and Champagne in a mini food processor or blender (or use a jug and a hand blender). Whizz until the puree is smooth as you can get it, then use a wooden spoon or a spatula to push through as much of it through a sieve as you can. Discard the seeds left behind.
- Put the cream and sugar in a saucepan and warm gently until the sugar melts. Increase the heat until just boiling, then boil vigorously for 2½ mins, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and stir in the raspberry/Champagne puree. Cool for 15 mins before dividing between 2 pots or glasses. Chill for 30 mins, then sprinkle over the freeze-dried raspberry pieces and chill for at least 2 hrs or more until set.
- To serve, remove the possets from the fridge and serve with Munchy Seeds heart-shaped shortbread biscuits.
Thank you to Munchy Seeds for sending me these recipes!