Recipe: Chocolate, Coconut and Banana Breakfast Pancakes
It’s Pancake Day next week! Why not try something new, different and a bit tropical? This scrumptious Chocolate, Coconut and Banana Breakfast Pancake recipe by The Groovy Food Company is full of exciting flavours and healthy ingredients and makes the perfect breakfast for Pancake Day.
“It’s hard to believe that you don’t need flour, milk or refined sugar to create a lovely, light and kid-approved pancake. Although delightful, don’t be expecting your run-of-the-mill carb-filled pancake. These have more of an eggy crepe-like texture, which is equally appealing.
If you’re used to eating clean healthy foods, you will more than likely LOVE these. Low-calorie, high-protein, gluten-free and wheat-free…. what’s not to love? Not only do they make a quick and easy breakfast, but they’re also the perfect pre or post-workout fuel, you can even add your favourite protein powder.”
Chocolate, Coconut and Banana Breakfast Pancakes (Serves 6)
Ingredients | For the pancakes:
- 3 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 Large Banana, Mashed
- 4 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 2 tsp. Raw Cacao Powder or Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste or 1 Vanilla Pod, Deseeded
- 2 tbsp. The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients | For the garnish:
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 2 Handfuls Raw Coconut Chips, Toasted
- 50g Dark Chocolate Shavings
- The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Chocolate Sauce
- Put all the ingredients except for the coconut oil into a bowl and blend together with a hand stick blender.
- Melt the coconut oil on a gentle heat and put into a separate bowl.
- Heat your pancake or frying pan over a medium heat and take a square of kitchen roll, dab it into the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, take ¾ ladle of the pancake mixture and pour into the pancake pan.
- Cook until golden brown on the underside (approx. 1 minute), then flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 30 seconds).
- Once you’ve cooked all six pancakes, stack them back on top of each other in a set of 3 to warm through in the hot pan and flip over to warm the other side.
- Serve warm with a generous drizzle of agave chocolate sauce, sliced bananas, toasted coconut chips and chocolate shavings on top.
Recipe provided by The Groovy Food Company. Thank you!