Viners Assure Knife Collection – New Safer Kitchen Knives
Do you remember my post about the Viners Knife Safety Survey a couple of months ago? British cutlery brand Viners is now ready to reveal their new kitchen knife collection that has been designed to be highly functional and sharp to be suitable for their purpose in the kitchen but safe too with new shapes to the blades to reduce and prevent injuries, accidents and fatalities in the future.
“Viners has a long standing history of producing high quality cutlery and knives for over 110 years, has created a new generation of kitchen knife that has safety front of mind, yet still answers everyday food preparation needs.”
The new Viners Assure Knife Collection will launch this winter and be available to purchase from January 2020. The new innovative knife blades will be available on six different knife types and they’re all very affordable too:
- 3.5 inch / 9cm Paring Knife: RRP £3.50
- 5 inch / 12.5cm Utility Knife: RRP £3.50
- 6 inch / 15cm Santoku Knife: RRP £5.00
- 8 inch / 20cm Chef’s Knife: RRP £5.00
- 8 inch / 20cm Carving Knife: RRP £5.00
- 8 inch / 20cm Bread Knife: RRP £5.00
The reason behind the range is the news that knife-related crime incidents are at a record high and a reported 285 fatalities in the last 12 months alone and the UK Government has taken the decision to reclassify kitchen knives as an offensive weapon with the new Offensive Weapons Act 2019, leading some retailers to remove single knives from sale in retail stores.
The new Viners Assure Knife Collection is a response to this and meets all needs:
- Created in conjunction with 1700 UK consumers who shared their thoughts on the functionality and aesthetics of the proposed knife designs, the new Assure collection offers a square shape, eliminating the tip of the knife to make it safer to use without compromising on performance.
- With a square shape, similar to that of a Santoku knife, the new Assure collection is made of high quality stainless steel and features ergonomically designed, soft touch handles for the ultimate in comfort with a black non-stick coating on the blade to reduce cutting friction. Delivering the same performance as a standard knife to tackle all cooking tasks, the new blade design also gives added peace of mind in the home, helping to reduce unnecessary accidents when preparing food and washing up with no sharp points to cause injury.
- All knives from the Assure collection have been repeatedly tested to ensure the tip does not pierce skin intentionally or otherwise and will be supplied to retailers in improved packaging with tamper proof measures to reduce knife theft in store. The ‘Think 25’ logo has also been added to packaging to remind retailers to check proof of identity to anyone they suspect under the age of 18 at the point of purchase.
- In a recent research exercise conducted by Viners, consumers shared strong opinions on the issue of knife safety, welcoming a new knife design that comes with safety guaranteed. 65% of the 1700 respondents surveyed said that they would choose the new Assure safety collection over a standard knife, with 76% of consumers happy for this style of knife to be the only one on sale as a single knife in retail stores.
In collaboration with Viners.