Five Facts about Polar Bears | 10th Anniversary Albie – Blog Tour
Caryl Hart’s new Albie picture book, How To Drive a Roman Chariot was released on the 6th of August and I’m taking part in the 10th Anniversary Albie Blog Tour that’s running from 6th August – 15th August.
Yes, its 10 year and 10 books since Albie first arrives on our shelves. From How to Catch a Dragon to How to Ride a Polar Bear these fun, engaging picture books have been entertaining kids for years!
Each blogger is hosting some fun facts related to one of the books and a giveaway each. Read on and enter the giveaway at the bottom of the post.
Five Facts about Polar Bears
- Polar bears live in freezing climates – including the Arctic, Canada, Alaska and Norway – and are the largest carnivores on earth. An adult polar bear can be 2.5m long and weigh about 680kg (that’s the equivalent of about 11 people!)
- Polar bears love taking a snow bath! When a polar bear’s fur gets dirty, they roll around in the snow to clean themselves.
- Polar bears touch noses to communicate. For example, when a polar bear wants to ask a fellow bear if they can share their food, the guest bear will gently touch noses with the other as a way of saying ‘can I eat some of this seal, please?’
- Their fur is NOT white! Their furry coat looks white because it reflects the light around them but underneath the fur, their skin is black.
- These bears are amazing swimmers and can swim for days at a time without stopping.
Giveaway: Win a copy of How to Ride a Polar Bear
For a chance to win a copy of How to Ride a Polar Bear, enter through my Rafflecopter below. UK Entrants over the age of 18 years only. Terms & Conditions apply. The giveaway will end on the 27th of August 2020. There will be 1 winner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway