Recipe: Paleo Grain-Free Granola – Sugar-Free, Wheat-Free, Vegetarian
This insanely nutrient rich granola made from a range of nuts, seeds and fruit proves that the Paleo Diet is about a lot more than just meat and vegetables.
This deliciously simple recipe comes from the highly acclaimed new book ‘Paleo: 12 Weeks to Change Your Life’ which takes a healthy and realistic look at how you can get in shape and improve your wellbeing through the Paleo diet.
This recipe makes about 6 portions that you can keep for about 10 days. If you omit the egg white, it will keep for longer. If you want it sweeter, add some extra raw honey or maple. Omit the honey and the egg white for a vegan version.
Servings: 5 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 50g walnuts
- 50g flaked almonds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 30g coconut flakes
- 30g dates
- 50g cranberries
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g cashews
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g ground almonds
- 30g flaxseeds
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients and spread it out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven, stirring occasionally until everything is toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before packing into jars.
- Serve your Paleo Grain-Free Granola with cold almond milk for breakfast or on its own as a snack.
‘Paleo: 12 Weeks to Change Your Life’ is available as a paperback from Amazon for £34.99 or as a downloadable e-version for £24.99 from paleodietandfitness.co.uk where you’ll also find more information about the book and the Paleo diet as a whole.