What Shoes to Wear with Classic Straight Leg Jeans This Spring
Straight legged denim is back this season. Move the tapered skinny jeans away and welcome the old fashion favourite back — straight leg jeans. They are relaxed and easy to wear and suits most body types thanks to their flattering fit.
If you’re not sure how to wear them, here are a few tips on what kind of footwear you could choose to make the most of your new jeans. But first — find the best fit for you. Straight jeans should be slim but not tight like skinny jeans. They need to hug your hips and thighs then loosen up for the classic straight leg fit at the knees and below. There are lots of Designer Straight Leg Jeans to choose from this season for all styles and tastes.
The clean and casual style is easy to match with everyday clothes like relaxed t-shirts, jumpers or sweaters but could also be dressed up with a tailored jacket.
Shoes to Wear with Classic Straight Leg Jeans This Spring
Let’s get back to the footwear. Here are some great choices for straight jeans:
- Canvas trainers like classic Converse look great for casual days and create a dressed-down and relaxed look that is cool and stylish.
- Ballet flats are great for spring and summer when the weather is warmer. The hem of your denim should fall to about an inch off the floor, showing off a bit of your shoes.
- Mule sandals are another good summer option and can work well both in the office or on a night out.
- Low heel ankle boots look great with jeans and are ideal for the colder months or the unreliable spring weather! You don’t have to tuck the jeans in — let them hang over the top or cuff the jeans to show them off.
- Kitten heels can dress up straight jeans instantly and make an excellent choice for after work drinks other other more dressy but casual events.
- Brogues look formal and dressed up but are also quite quirky and fun. It’s a very versatile choice of footwear for the office, a meal out or a meeting. Choose a contrasting shade to your jeans to make them stand out.
Just keep comfort, style and occasion in mind when choosing your shoes — it’s quite easy to find a style that works well with straight leg jeans! Your shoe style can create an essential first impression. Find a style guide, for example, like Shoe Pursuits.
PR Collaboration. Contains a sponsored link.