3 Time Management Tips for Achieving Your Mum Goals
Mothers are some of the the busiest people in existence. Some are mums and career women at the same time which can be even more hectic. As a working mum, to balance between family and office work you need to have a plan on how you are going to meet all the demands. To achieve this, you need to manage your time wisely. This article gives tips on how to manage your time to achieve your mum goals.
1. Be equipped and take care of yourself
As a mum, you need to be knowledgeable in most of the areas that relate to motherhood. Mothers are given many titles such as disciplinarian, nurse, chef, teacher among others. These titles don’t come with academic qualifications but from the work they do around their kids and homes. Reading about these topics will help you and as a busy mum, you can do your readings by phone to save you time as attending classes in person would probably be difficult to fit into your schedule.
As a busy mom, taking care of yourself is very important too because your well-being will reflect that of your whole family and those around you. To take care of yourself, try this tips:
- Get outside if your work is confined in a house. Outside air will help you relax and give you time off your busy schedules. Make it a habit to go outside once during the day.
- Take a nap – take moments of rest to regain your energy. This is good for your health too.
- Be creative – try new things no matter how it turns out. This can be new recipes, gardening or a hobby that you enjoy.
- Keep connected – no matter how busy you are, you need to keep friendships. Spare some time for coffee with friends or pay them a visit.
- Have time alone – this is the moment you need to reflect about your life. At this time you are able to see where you need to change and make choices. Sit and evaluate if what you are doing is good enough for you and if it makes you happy. From this you will be able to your next step.
- Appreciate yourself – it is not always about what you have not done. Take time to see what you have achieved and appreciate yourself for that.
- Exercise – keep your body fit for a healthy mum is a wealthy mum. Fitness will keep weight-related illnesses as backaches and high blood pressure away.
2. Avoid Multitasking
It is easy and fast to do one task at a time. Having more than one activity running is tiresome and mind blowing. You will likely fail to give the needed concentration to some work and end up messing up. As much as us ladies like to believe that we are wired to multitask, often work is left either half done or poorly done. Pick a job, stick to it until the end. Take a rest if you feel you can’t do more.
Write a to-do list to help you accomplish the tasks that are more urgent. A list will remind you of things you need to do for that day and plan your time well. You can set alarms to remind you of what you need to do. You can also download to do list apps on your mobile phone that suits your daily schedule, which are easy to use and time saving.
3. Ask for Help
No mum is super-powerful and can do all the work by themselves without getting run down at the same time. Always ask for help from friends and family members. Asking for help will do you good for:
- You will be more effective at home and at work for you will have a feeling that someone got your back
- You will not feel overwhelmed and it will be easy to maintain perspective
- You will stay healthier physically, mentally and emotionally
- You will be able to handle professional and personal challenges more easily
- You will have time for yourself to relax and meditate
As a mum, you are the most important person in your kid’s life and you need to be in your right health state to achieve your goals. Bringing up kids, especially if you have several, is overwhelming and mums often forget about themselves. You cannot give what you do not have. If you want to be the best mum, you need to be a happy mum yourself. If you manage your time well, you will be able to achieve a lot, look after your children well and also have some time for yourself.