AA Skincare Frankincense & Rose Deep Cleansing Clay Mask Review
I love a good face mask! It’s such a fast way to quickly improve the look and feel of your skin plus it also makes you feel quite pampered with very little effort. The new AA Skincare Frankincense & Rose Deep Cleansing Clay Mask is a naturally effective clay mask that is hydrating and nourishing and especially well suited for dry or mature skin.
During the winter, my skin definitely tends to go dry and I need to choose my face masks carefully so that I don’t dry it out further. I love clay masks for my blemish prone skin but most of them do leave my skin feeling a bit tight and dry.
This deep cleansing mask promises to leave skin feeling soft, supple and hydrated and I agree — it really does. I like to use it when I’m having a quick bath and afterwards, I clean it off with a warm, wet face cloth and my skin feels lovely and clean but not dry. Following with a regular moisturiser is enough whereas I normally need to use more heavy duty ones after using clay face masks.
The scent is relaxing and spa-like but not overpowering at all. I really like it! Frankincense essential oil helps rejuvenate and tone the skin and Rose oil nourishes, hydrates and moisturises. The AA Skincare Frankincense & Rose Deep Cleansing Clay Mask is enriched with vitamins and minerals that help to draw out impurities and also moisturises and tones skin leaving it fresh, clear and balanced.
Here’s the full list of active ingredients — no wonder it works so well!
- Clay helps to detoxify and draw out impurities within the skin.
- Montmorillonite acts as a toner for the skin, helping to tighten pores and revitalize your complexion.
- Glycerin has great moisturising and hydrating properties.
- Bentonite Clay draws out impurities helping to unclog pores and absorb excess oil clearing congested skin and can help to tighten fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sweet Almond is rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E. It’s full of monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and saturated fatty acids. It conditions the skin and helps to promote a youthful, healthy complexion.
- Shea Butter moisturises, reduces inflammation and helps the skin to appear smoother and softer.
- Argan Oil is intensely moisturising, a great antioxidant and contains Vitamin A & E which can help protect the skin.
- Geranium Essential Oil can help balance the oil production of the skin and help keep the skin supple.
- Marula Oil contains an array of powerful antioxidants which help protect the skin from environmental damage.
- Frankincense Essential Oil is a rejuvenating tonic which can help to tighten slack skin around the face and slow down the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sunflower Oil is high in Vitamin E which helps lock in moisture and keep your skin feeling soft.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil has great rejuvenating and regenerating properties which promotes healthy cell growth helping to repair damaged skin caused by ageing.
- Rose Essential Oil can moisturise and hydrate the skin, it can help with inflammation on the skin as well as redness.
- Rosehip Oil has great rejuvenating and regenerating properties and is high in Vitamin C
- Rosemary’s natural anti-septic properties make it an effective acne treatment whilst helping the skin regenerate; reducing any signs of scarring.
- Dead Sea salts help to detoxify, soften and moisturise the skin.
The AA Skincare Frankincense & Rose Deep Cleansing Clay Mask is a lovely little treat for my skin after a long day of childcare and work. It’s very affordable too at only £7.94 for a generous 100ml tub. The cappuccino coloured mask is thick and rich and a little goes a very long way.
See the full range of products on the AA Skincare website where you can also purchase them.
I was sent this product for this review. As always, all my reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.