Autumn Interior Inspiration Mood Board / A Retro Family Living Room
Autumn is nearly here and soon we’ll be spending more time indoors. As always, I have plans and ideas to update many areas of our home and today I’m focussing on our living room. I love retro styles when it comes to both interior design and fashion and would love to add a bit of a retro touch to our living room but in a modern way of course.
Our walls could do with a fresh coat of paint and maybe a feature wallpaper, we always need more storage and we could really do with a more family friendly sofa. I’m looking at new lights and fabrics in the form of cushions and rugs to add warmth and softness to the room, too.
My inspirational wish list for our living room looks like this:
- Copper Angled Floor Lamp from notonthehighstreet.com / £168 — I’ve always wanted an oversized desk lamp style floor lamp. I think they’re lovely and the copper adds a modern look since copper is very trendy at the moment.
- Cole & Son Tile Wallpaper from John Lewis / £76 — A retro, simple and monochrome wallpaper like this one would be perfect for a quick and easy update.
- IKEA PS 2014 Storage Table from IKEA / £50 — This table is so much fun and adds stylish pops of colour and will hide lots of toys away!
- Yellow and Grey Layer Retro Cushion from Cushlab / £120 — This cushion is a bit fancy to have around children but I would love something similar.
- Baxter Grey Wool 6’x9′ Rug from Crate&Barrel / £596 — We have carpets but a rug adds extra softness and creates separate areas in a room.
- Rockville 3 Seat Sofa from Fishpools / £1699 — I’ve always wanted a real leather sofa because they look nice and are much more durable than fabric ones. This Fishpools leather sofa would be perfect for us!