Fun, Clever & Colourful Weaning Products – Wish List / Shopping List
Weaning Baby No. 2 is imminent and in about a month or so we will be introducing food to our second baby girl. She loves her milk and drinks a lot of it and frequently too so I think she’ll be very interested in food. She’s definitely got a healthy appetite!
I try take make most things in life as fun as possible and weaning is not an exception. There are so many fun products to make the journey more fun, pleasant, interesting and easier too.
Here are some products that I’ve got my eyes on at the moment:
- Kidsme Food Feeder — These are so clever! You put a small amount of food in it so that your baby can taste it and mush some through the holes but there’s no risk of choking since the pieces that come through are so small. Works with any food really! We used a similar one from Clevamama with our first baby.
- Vital Baby 4 Soft Tip and Grip Feeding Spoons — Very affordable soft tipped spoons for weaning. I’ve got a weakness for the lovely, bright colours too!
- OXO Tot Mash Maker Baby Food Mill — I want to do a mix of baby led weaning and purées this time and this clever device lets you make your own purées anywhere. It’s manual so you can take it with you and use it wherever you need it.
- Nuby Garden Fresh Fruitsicles Frozen Purees Moulds — These enable you to make your own ice lollies from purées or breastmilk which must be nice on sore, teething baby gums. NUK and Annabel Karmel make a very similar product and we have that one from when we weaned our first girl.
- Spuni First Stage Soft Spoons — The tips on these spoons are very small so are ideal for when you start weaning. The tips are soft too and the handle is ergonomically designed to suit both babies and adults.
- Tommee Tippee Explora Baby Food Blender — A handy product that creates different textured purées to feed your baby. I would love to have this at home since I don’t have a food processor any more.
- Ella’s Kitchen The First Foods Book: The Purple One — Ella’s Kitchen is one of my favourite baby food brands. I want to use a mix of shop bought and homemade food and this book looks like it’s full of inspiration!
- Hexnub Smiley Fish Placemat — We’re already using this product with our toddler but we have one for our baby too. It’s perfect for baby led weaning and kids love it!