Make-Up Brushes That Help Support Women Living With Cancer
Look Good Feel Better is a cancer support charity that helps women and teenagers combat the visible side effects of their cancer treatment. To raise money, they have launched a professional make-up brush range that I would like to highlight for you this month, which happens to be Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
For each brush that is sold, a donation of 8%-12% will be made to the charity. The creators, brush specialists Bespoke Europe, are also generously donating at least £30,000. The brushes are available from larger Boots stores and online from FeelUnique, LookFantastic and BeautyExpert. Prices start at just £6.99 which is amazing for professional-quality make-up tools like these.
The range includes 12 high quality brushes developed with beauty industry experts. They have sleek black handles, precision cut brush heads that are hand-made using super soft taklon bristles, which is a special polyester derivative free of any protein component making them allergy free, environmentally friendly and suitable for sensitive skin (and vegans!). The weighted handles and chrome ferrules feel great and look professional and the brush names are embossed onto the handles for easy reference.
The brushes available from Boots are:
- Powder Brush (£12.99) — Full and dense, this brush is the perfect tool for evenly dusting loose and pressed powder.
- Blush Brush (£11.99) — Ideal for shading and highlighting cheeks, this wonderful blusher brush is designed to effortlessly pick up and release the right amount of colour.
- Angled Contour Brush (£11.99) — Highlighting cheek bones and contouring are made easy with this angled brush, an essential tool for blending.
- Foundation Brush (£9.99) — Apply liquid or cream foundation with ease with this tool that will apply evenly smooth for a flawless base.
- Angled Blending Brush (£6.99) — The fine and soft bristles allow you to create those classic or party eye looks with ease.
- Mini Masterclass Set (£19.99) — Three essential brushes in a handy protective pouch; Powder/blush brush, eye shading brush and a foundation/concealer brush.
The online shops stock all of the above plus:
- Multi-Tasking Brush (£11.99)
- Retractable Bronzer Brush (£14.99)
- Concealer Brush (£7.99)
- Flawless Complexion Sponge (£7.49)
- Detail Eyeliner Brush (£6.99)
- The Makeover Brush Set (£24.99)
Finding out that you have cancer is of course very traumatic and daunting and the added stress of appearance related side-effects can feel overwhelming. The donations from the sales of these brushes will enable Look Good Feel Better to expand their programme of workshops and masterclasses which teach women skincare and make-up tips and techniques, including help with eyebrow and eyelash loss and changes to the skin.
LGFB runs workshops in over 77 hospitals and cancer support centres nationwide and hold more than 150 masterclasses each year which in 2014 supported 14,500 women and teenagers. The service provides female cancer patients with vitally needed advice and support in a lively and fun atmosphere and help them to look and feel more like their “normal” selves. The classes are hosted by volunteer beauty consultants and women leave the two hour sessions smiling, uplifted, with new skills and a renewed strength and confidence. It’s the only global cancer support charity of its kind and the unique service is available in 26 countries and collectively they have supported more than 1.6 million people to date. Amazing! Both my aunt and my mother-in-law are currently going through breast cancer treatment and I’m sure they would love these workshops.
I’ve tried out the foundation brush and the blush brush and they are absolutely lovely. The quality is great — the brushes are so soft and full. Make-up goes on flawlessly and they feel really nice and natural on my skin.
“These brushes are of an exceptional quality and the breadth of the range is excellent. They are affordable too, making them appealing to both professional and non-professionals. Make-up can have a huge impact on women’s confidence and I’m a big supporter of the wonderful work that Look Good Feel Better does to help cancer patients regain a sense of normality.”
International Make-Up Artist to the stars, Caroline Barnes
“We are really excited about the launch of these new brushes, not only is there a brush or set for everyone but they look and feel fabulous too! The money raised will help us expand our reach through our confidence-boosting Workshops, Masterclasses and self-help materials. Over 165,000 women receive a cancer diagnosis each year and we want to ensure that all of these women have the opportunity to benefit from our services.”
Sarahjane Robertson, Executive Director at Look Good Feel Better
Find out more on the Look Good Feel Better website where you can also find tutorials for how to use the different brushes.
I was sent two sample brushes to go with my post. As always, all my posts and reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.