Mini Me Gift Box Shop Review – A Bespoke Eco-Friendly Baby Gift Box
When friends or family members have a new baby, it’s always nice to give them a little something to congratulate them. Knowing what to get is not always easy though!
A great way to find a gift is to go for a new baby gift box. A lovely company that specialises in just this is Mini Me Gift Box Shop. They have a lovely range of baby gift boxes for boys and girls or in unisex designs and also offer boxes with items for the new mum too. You can also create bespoke gift boxes by choosing which items you’d like to include in a box for your loved one.
That’s what I did, and it was such a fun process browsing through the lovely selection of items that you can choose from. I spotted lots of organic and eco-friendly things, so my idea was to create a gift box of baby items with an eco-friendly theme. That’s the kind of thing I’m into and I think it’s especially important for new babies who have very delicate skin.
When you make a bespoke box, you can choose any mix of items and here’s what I went for:
- Handmade Granny Square Blanket in Rainbow. This is a granny-chic, retro, fair-trade and handmade blanket in bright rainbow colours. It’s made from 100% cotton and is machine washable too. The approximate size is 85cm x 95cm which is a perfect baby blanket size to use at home, in the car or in the pram. It’s so gorgeous and is sure to be that one blanket that the new parents will choose as the one to keep in a memory box as their baby grows up.
- Organic Kimono Style Bodysuit. A beautiful unisex baby bodysuit. It would look just as lovely on a boy or a girl. The bear/woodland/teepee design is so cute! It’s made from the softest 100% organic and fair-trade cotton and has long sleeves to keep your baby warm. The kimono style opening makes it really easy to put on and take off which is especially helpful for when you’re dressing or changing a newborn. I love the different coloured buttons too! You can choose the size of this item. Choose from sizes 0 – 3 months, 3 – 6 months and 6 – 9 months. Most people buy newborn sized clothing for new babies but it’s actually a better idea to size up as the new parents will probably have lots of newborn bits already.
- Elephant Jungle Theme Unisex Baby Dungarees. Another gorgeous and fair-trade item made from 100% organic cotton. Dungarees are great on babies and toddlers and these are super soft and really cute. The retro and colourful elephant print suits both boys and girls and the studded buttons between the legs ensures easy nappy changes. This item is available in sizes 3 – 6 months and 6 – 9 months.
Both these clothing items are from the same company, Little Green Radicals, and they would make a lovely outfit together!
- Crochet Octopus Toy Rattle. A rattle makes a perfect first toy for a new baby. The colours of this toy are stimulating and the eight octopus legs are ideal for little hands to try to grab and hold. I love the look of this toy too, it’s really cute! The item is handmade, fair-trade and suitable from birth.
- Handmade Natural Fragrance Free Soap. This is a pure, handmade soap with no added fragrance or colours which makes it very suitable for anyone with sensitive skin. It’s just made of quality vegetable oils that cleanse and nourish your skin. Can be used on babies or mums! When breastfeeding it’s a good idea to use scent-free soaps so that your baby can smell your natural scent and your milk.
- Organic Baby Boo Boo Balm. This is a wonderful blend of 100% natural skin nourishing butters and oils to use to soothe your baby’s skin. You can use it as a barrier cream or on any dry patches. The Shea butter and Almond Oil protects the skin and deeply hydrates it too. This balm does not contain any preservatives, chemical, artificial perfumes or colourants. It’s completely natural and is ideal for babies. It can also be enjoyed by adults with sensitive skin too, of course.
The items came beautifully presented in a gift box with a big ribbon on it. The inside of the box had tissue paper in it too which looked lovely (see top photo). The box itself is really sturdy and has a magnetic closure. I use these kinds of boxes around the house to store things like shoes and toys. They’re really good!
Inside the box, there was also a New Baby card and a thank you note with a discount code for the website. People are always having babies so this is very useful!
This is such a lovely gift box that I’d be so happy to receive or give to a loved one as a gift! Order yours here. Don’t forget to check out Mini Me Gift Box Shop’s Facebook page either to see more and be the first to know about any giveaways and competitions.
Item gifted to me for this review. As always, all my reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.