Where to Visit Santa in the UK – Check Out His Schedule Here!
One way to be sure to make Christmas extra special for your little ones is to take them to meet Santa! Many of us have fond memories of the magical even that is meeting Santa from our own childhoods and it’s lovely to pass on that experience to your own children.
Of course, Santa is a very busy fella and his schedule is a bit crazy, especially this time of the year! Don’t worry though, Stagecoach has managed to make sense of Santa’s diary and his whereabouts this year. Keep reading to find out where you can visit Santa’s grotto in 2016.
Visit Santa in the North East
Santa and his trusty reindeers are heading to the North East to ask the local children what they’d like for Christmas. He will be busy but here are some places where you’ll be able to find him:
- Intu Metrocentre, Gateshead — Santa arrives on Saturday 12th November 2016 and he will stay until Saturday 24th December 2016, then he’ll have to dash off to make some very urgent deliveries. Visit Santa in his grotto and every child will receive a free Playmobil gift from the man himself. Opening times: Monday – Friday 10am – 8pm | Saturday- 9am – 7pm | Sunday – 11am – 5pm | Christmas Eve – Closes at 4pm
- Beamish, Country Durham — Head to Beamish for a more traditional experience. Santa will be in his fireside grotto from the 19th November to Christmas Eve, so there’s lots of time to get your wish lists to him. There’s also a winter fun fair and festive ice skating rink! Open every day from 10am to 4pm.
Meet Santa in the North West
There are plenty of chance to meet up with Santa in the North West too, so that your children can meet Father Christmas himself and pass on their Christmas wishes. This year, he’ll be here:
- Hamleys, Manchester — A magical toy dreamland for kids, Hamleys is really the perfect place for your little one to meet Father Christmas. He will be at the Manchester store from 26th November to 24th The visits are hosted in group sessions and your little ones will hear festive stories, write their own wish lists and of course meet Santa himself. They’ll receive a goody bag and enjoy some festive treats too. There are various slots available — booking online advised.
- Cheshire Reindeer Lodge, Cheshire — What would Santa be without his reindeers? Visit Cheshire Reindeer Lodge to meet and feed Rudolph and his friends, see some fun elf shows and meet Santa himself. There are fairground and donkey rides too and each child will receive a gift from Santa. Entry available from 10am to 6.30pm.
Find Santa in Scotland
- Santa Land, Edinburgh — tell any child they’re going to Santa Land and they will jump with excitement! Santa has pitched his grotto in Santa Land this year – the perfect location! – near the Christmas Tree Maze and Santa Train, and he will be there between 19th November and Christmas Eve. He will be handing out gifts too! Opening times: Monday – Friday 10.30am to 7pm | Saturday & Sunday 10.30am to 8pm | Christmas Eve 10.30am to 7.30pm
- Hamleys, Glasgow — Father Christmas will be visiting Hamleys in Glasgow for a very special experience that involves seasonal games, activities and snacks. Children will also receive a fun gift bag full of treats to take home. You can visit Santa here between the 26th of November and the 24th of December – as that’s the last date he’ll be there before he needs to start his Christmas deliveries! This is expected to be a busy event – so you’ll want to book online to avoid disappointment.
Visit Santa in London
- Santa’s Grotto, Leicester Square — There is something magical occurring in Leicester Square, where you will be able to find Santa in a sparkling grotto at the centre of a Christmas market and vintage Speigeltent. It’ll be a cosy event for both parents and children, with a fully stocked assortment of Christmas shows on top of meeting Father Christmas. Entry to the area is free, but you need to book tickets for Santa’s Grotto. The event runs from the 11th of November until the 8th of January, 2017. However, you’ll only be able to meet Santa at key times, so book online to make sure you don’t miss him!
- Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park — A festive celebration of all things Christmas, Father Christmas himself has landed at Hype Park. You’ll find Santa Land amongst winter markets and ice skating, with a toy factory, rides for littlest ones and a grotto housing the Santa himself! Entry is free and the grotto is open from 10am to 6pm every day. If you’re taking the bus, parents can enjoy a glass of mulled wine or two. The event runs from the 18th November 2016 to the 2nd of January.
Meet Santa in Oxfordshire
- Didcot Railway Centre, Oxford — A dream come true for many little ones – meet Thomas the tank engine at the same time as Father Christmas! You’re in luck, as Didcot Railway Centre is hosting a winter treat for December 2016 where Thomas and Santa are ready to welcome children with festive cheer. This will be available at specific times throughout December: Saturday 3 – Sunday 4 December | Saturday 10 – Sunday 11 December | Saturday 17 – Sunday 18 December | Wednesday 21 – Thursday 22 December | Admission includes a ride on trains and activities. The cost is £15 for children aged 1-15, and this includes a gift from Santa, or £15 for adults. Book online in advance to avoid disappointment as this will surely be a very popular event!