10 Facts About Garcinia Cambogia Every Health Enthusiast Should Know
Obesity is a primary concern for more than 90 million adults in the US, which comprise about 40% of the US population. If you’re obese, adopting a healthy lifestyle, maintaining a proper diet and working out regularly should be your key priorities to avoid developing other health issues like type two diabetes, heart problems, and even cancer.
Taking weight-loss supplements in the form of capsules, shots, powders or bars can help speed up the process in many cases but you need to make sure you chose safe options.
Are you wondering what these supplements are?
Well, some of these supplements are naturally-extracted products that hasten the process of weight loss without requiring you to follow a crash diet.
One of the most effective and popular weight-loss supplements is Garcinia Cambogia, whose extracts work like magic to combat obesity. It’s a tropical fruit that looks somewhat like pumpkin and grows in Southeast Asia, including India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and some parts of Africa. However, you should learn about Garcinia Cambogia and its significant benefits thoroughly, before you buy the supplements off the counter. One of the vital ingredients of Garcinia Cambogia is HCA (hydroxy citric acid), which is said to reduce appetite and increase the metabolic rate.
So, before you start consuming Garcinia Cambogia supplements to lose weight, here are 10 facts that you should know:
- You don’t need to bring drastic changes to your lifestyle. The key reason behind the popularity of Garcinia Cambogia supplements is its ability to help you lose weight without changing your lifestyle to a huge extent. In other words, you don’t need a crash diet or a high-level workout regime to lose weight while taking the supplements. Further, you don’t need to boycott your favorite dishes entirely.
- Garcinia Cambogia can help fight depression. Garcinia Cambogia or Malabar tamarind, as it’s popularly known, can help you fight depression and feelings of loneliness by elevating your mood. It is said to increase the levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the body, which significantly enhances mood and gets rid of depressive feelings. Serotonin has multiple functions in our brain, but the most important among them is enabling the free flow of messages. Low levels of serotonin thus automatically make you feel tired, irritable and upset, without any reason.
- It reduces fat storage in the body. As mentioned earlier, one of the main ingredients in the extract of Garcinia Cambogia is HCA or hydroxy citric acid, whose main purpose in our body is to reduce the speed at which carbohydrates get transformed into fat. The less fat storage in the body, the more weight you’ll lose and faster too. All that rigid fat in the lower abdomen, thighs, and backside will get burned naturally without causing you much trouble.
- The content of HCA in Garcinia Cambogia matters. While buying Garcinia Cambogia products off the counter, you should check the labels for the concentration of HCA, which should be at least 50% for maximum effect. Further, you should buy Garcinia supplements only from reputable brands to get optimum levels of HCA. Most of the time, the supplements fail to work because of lower amounts of HCA, so choose accordingly.
- Garcinia reduces blood cholesterol and pressure. One of the most significant effects of Garcinia Cambogia supplements is reducing the activity of citrate lyase and regulating the transformation of oily and sugary food into fat and cholesterol. Apart from decreasing at production and storage, the supplements also maintain the concentration of lipids in the bloodstream, thus keeping blood pressure in check.
- Women lose fat proportionately with the supplements. Garcinia Cambogia helps women lose fat in places like the lower abdomen and thighs, thus enhancing body proportions. This is one of the key reasons for women preferring them over other supplements that tend to burn fat from random places in the body.
- It stimulates your ability to work out harder. If you experience a lack of energy to work out, Garcinia Cambogia can help you. Many people have reported having experienced an increase in energy levels after taking these supplements. Increased energy will help you stay more active, work out vigorously and lose fat in the process.
- Garcinia Cambogia helps in reducing risks of diabetes. You may tend to develop type-2 diabetes with age, especially if you’ve had unhealthy eating habits. Although following a proper diet is important to reduce the risks of diabetes, the Garcinia Cambogia supplements have a significant part to play here. They are said to increase insulin sensitivity, maintain the level of blood sugar and reduce inflammations if any. Moreover, as it aids the body to burn fat, sugar levels are automatically controlled.
- Its dosage is determined by the amount of HCA. The recommended dose of Garcinia supplements is calculated based on the amount of HCA you should consume regularly. According to experts, you should take 900 mg – 1500 mg HCA regularly for maximum effect. Although the fruit itself is said to have about 30% of HCA, the extracts contain a higher amount of HCA, about 60% along with other ingredients that have potential health benefits like antioxidants, anti-depressants and more. Make sure you consume enough HCA regularly to experience all its benefits.
- Garcinia Cambogia helps enhance immunity. According to many people who take it daily, these supplements improve the body’s natural ability to combat diseases. Moreover, Vitamin C is found in the extracts of Garcinia Cambogia in high amounts, which helps protect the body from many diseases.
Wrapping it up
Weight-loss supplements have an increasing demand in the market, as people want to lose weight quickly these days to feel fit and combat health issues that affect their lifestyle. Among these supplements, Garcinia Cambogia is quite popular because of the pace at which it helps you shed those kilos and improve your healthy. It’s extracted from a tropical fruit, which contains HCA as its main ingredient.
Ranging from reducing fat storage in the body to maintaining blood sugar levels, the Garcinia Cambogia offers a series of benefits. If you’re finding it hard to get rid of excess weight, you can consult your physician and try these supplements. They’re also said to have significant effects on anxiety and depression.