Butternut Squash, Carrot & Goat’s Cheese Purée – Weaning Recipe
We’ve just started weaning Baby No. 2 and so far we’ve only tried fruit and veg but soon it’s time for more exciting recipes and this one sounds delicious. It even sounds like a nice soup for adults too if you add some stock. It’s a perfect recipe for autumn!
Goats’ cheese is delicious and full of flavour! Just make sure you choose a pasteurised one without mould for your baby’s recipe and for babies under 12 months it’s advised to cook the cheese too. Dairy products in foods can be introduced from 6 months.
This recipe below is by Babymoov and you can use their clever Babymoov Food Processor Nutribaby Zen to cook it to make it even easier.
Butternut Squash, Carrot & Goat’s Cheese Purée
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- One third of a butternut squash (approx. 150g peeled pulp)
- 2 carrots
- 1 small potato
- ½ an onion
- 30 gr fresh goats’ cheese
- A few drops of olive oil
- Peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Cut into large chunks.
- Peel the carrots and potato, rinse and chop into small pieces.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Put all the vegetables into the basket of the Nutribaby and set a 20 minute cooking cycle.
- Check they are cooked through and tender.
- Blend the vegetables with the goats’ cheese and a few drops of olive oil. Enjoy!