Family Camping Essentials – Packing/Shopping List
This year, we’ll be going camping for the first time as a family. We are really looking forward to this kind of holiday this year and are getting prepared for the event now. We are just waiting for a dry and free weekend! Hopefully the weather will be nice again soon.
Here are some things that I find essential and want to take with me when we go camping:
- The most important thing is a good quality tent. We have the Skandika Gotland Family Tunnel Tent which is a spacious 4 person tent. It’s tall so that you can walk around in it and has sleeping areas and a separate living room area. It’s got a sewn in ground sheet and a fantastic 5,000 mm water column so it offers great protection from damp and heavy rain — which is a must for UK camping! Full review coming soon.
- An inflatable double bed is a great way to make camping much more comfortable. We’ll be taking a large one that can fit the whole family — two adults and two children. The kids always end up in our bed anyway.
- For that reason, I would also love a roomy double sleeping bag so that we can all sleep together comfortably. I love the orange and brown colours on this one in the picture!
- You have to eat so a camping stove is a must! This one is large and even has a grill so that you can make toast for breakfast. Much easier than making a fire…
- A cool box will only keep food chilled for the first day or so but is nice for the time it lasts. Thermos is a trusted brand and they make a nice large one suitable for family days out.
- This camping cooking and dining set is brilliant! It’s got loads of essentials and all the items pack together neatly for storage and travel.
Do you have any camping essentials?