Feather & Bone Face Gems Review
Feather & Bone is an inventive and unique personal care company, dedicated to creating fresh product solutions. Their mantra is individuality and authenticity.
Face Gems is the name of a simple but unique product. It looks like a large vitamin tablet and it comes packaged in a blister pack to stay fresh.
It provides you with a natural cleansing treatment that is suitable for all skin types. It exfoliates as it cleanses and Feather & Bone say you don’t need to moisturise after using it.
Face Gems are made from Sandal Wood, Fuller’s Earth and Starch.
- Sandalwood works as a cleanser and an antiseptic agent. It removes dirt from pores, relaxes the face, is anti-aging and gives the skin a natural glow.
- Fuller’s Earth works as an exfoliator that removes black heads and white heads and improves blood circulation to the skin. It also tones the skin, is soothing and provides skin with natural oils to keep it healthy.
- Starch works as a moisturiser for oily and dry skin types. It keeps skin fresh and cool, removes dead skin cells and relieves itchiness.
These little gems are really easy to use in three simple steps:
- Pop one tablet and place in the palm of your hand.
- Using your hand add 5-10 drops of water as needed and apply pressure on tablet to break to form a paste.
- Scoop paste from palm to massage/apply on full face and wash face, then rinse off.
It really feels like an all-in-one product. Even though I’m only doing these three quick steps, I feel like I’m washing my face, exfoliating it and using a face mask at the same time. The formula is really nice to use, doesn’t have a scent and is mess-free. After cleansing my face with Face Gems, I feel like I’ve had a mini facial. My skin is squeaky clean, but not dry, and super soft and smooth. It’s a lovely result from such a quick treatment! I do follow up with my moisturiser with SPF in the day or a night cream at night but I don’t feel like I have to, I just like to. SPF is important in the day, though, if you’re going to be outside.
Face Gems are like no other products that I’ve tried. They are unique and clever — a new kind of simple skin care that is really effective. Face Gems are great for travelling, too, since there are no liquids and you can take exactly as many as you need.
The only negative is that the blister packs are a bit wasteful. They could be a lot smaller than they are, but they might be when you order a big pack, I don’t know.
EDIT: I’ve had some more information and these packs are just the sample ones. The final packs will be smaller.
Find out more on Feather & Bone‘s website.
I was sent three Face Gems for this review. As always, all my reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.