The ALDI Wine Club – The Fifth Panel
I’ve recently become a member of the fifth panel for Aldi Wine Club which is an exclusive wine tasting panel made up from Aldi shoppers with a passion for good wine. I love Aldi and I love wine so I’m really happy to be on this panel with my husband as my tasting partner.
Members stay on the panel for a few months and receive two bottles of wine per month for as long as they’re on the panel.
After you’ve tasted the wine, you need to submit a Twitter review of no more than 140 character using the hashtag #AldiWineClub and including @AldiUK in the tweet.
The two wines in my first package were these below:
The Exquisite Collection South Australia Shiraz (£5.99)
- Deep, dark, powerfully attractive and bulging with ripe black plum fruits, blackberries and succulent black cherries
- Beautifully rich with weighty yet soft layers of liquorice, creamy chocolate, sweet spice and traces of eucalyptus gum
- The finish is long, intense, super-ripe and delicious
The Exquisite Collection Argentinian Malbec (£5.99)
- Bright and ruby-red with aromas of plums and blackberries overlain with subtle violet notes
- Plums and blackberries are overlain with subtle violet notes to give a premium wine with great structure and a long and intensely fruity finish
My husband preferred the Shiraz and I preferred the Malbec. I really like the sharpness combined with the sweetness from the fruits.
Great quality and value as always! Thank you Aldi!