ZENMED Skincare Products Review
Skincare is one of my big interests and I love trying new products by different brands. ZENMED is a naturally based and cruelty free skincare company that has been creating 100% doctor formulated solutions for troubled skin for over 15 years.
Over the last month or so, I’ve been trying a few of their products that were chosen for me on the basis that I have combination skin and would like to fight early aging signs and hormonal breakouts.
I was sent the following products:
- Facial Cleansing Gel
- CLEARPEEL Refining Enzyme Peel
- Glycolic Booster
- AHA/BHA Complex
- Derma Cleanse Acne Mask & Spot Treatment
- Organic Cream Exfoliator Sample
I have to say that I sometimes experience sensitivity when using new products and have in the past reacted to a couple of products resulting in itching, swelling and redness around the jaw and under the eyes. A few of the above products did not agree with my skin type and caused discomfort so I could not continue using them.
The ones I could not continue using are:
- CLEARPEEL Refining Enzyme Peel which I was really looking forward to because it sounds and looks great! It’s a weekly refining treatment to target blackheads, pore congestion, rough texture, and blotchiness with all-natural enzymes that dissolve dead skin cells and help reveal a more youthful, perfected complexion. You put it on for 2-3 minutes then wash it off. I had it on for less than a minute as I was a bit vary it might be too strong for me and not long afterwards my skin was uncomfortably tingly and then itchy and rashy in one area on my jaw.
- AHA/BHA Complex which is an alcohol-free, alpha/beta hydroxy acid product created to be used like a traditional toner. It helps unblock and minimise pores, clear up post-Acne discoloration, balance patchy, combination skin, and gradually remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. At first, it felt quite nice but then my face became uncomfortable and I didn’t like the feeling at all.
The other products were much better for me:
- I really like the Facial Cleansing Gel that is a gentle and pH-balanced cleanser that is great for troubled skin. You use it twice a day and the formulation will not cause dryness or irritation. It works really well for my skin type and I’m enjoying using it as part of my skincare routine.
- The Glycolic Booster contains Glycolic Acid which is known best for having the smallest molecular structure of all the Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Due to this small size, it is also the most effective for penetration potential. This product helps renew the skin, preventing build-up of dead skin cells that can lead to a dull complexion. You have to wash it off after a few minutes, which is a bit of a faff when you don’t have much time to do your skincare routine so I can’t use it as often as I’d like for the best results but it does help make skin smoother and softer after a few uses and for me it is more gentle than the CLEARPEEL Refining Enzyme Peel. It can also help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- The Derma Cleanse Acne Mask & Spot Treatment is another products that I was very excited about as I love a good mask to help keep spots away. This one is a Montmorillonite-clay based Acne treatment that helps heal breakouts fast and also prevents excessive oil build-up. You just apply it where needed to clarify your pores and draw out impurities. I also like that you don’t have to wash it off after a certain time — you can even use it as a spot treatment overnight to reduce redness and speed up the healing process. It’s too strong for me to use on and around my nose and causes a burning/stinging sensation on the wings of my nose straight away if I do but I can use it on my forehead, cheeks and jaw without this issue and it’s a great mask for those parts of my face. I love the two-in-one aspect of this product — multi-purpose products are a great way to save money and space in your bathroom cupboard!
- I only had a sample sachet of the Organic Cream Exfoliator but it was a great product for me. It’s so gentle yet effective and is fine to use on even the most sensitive skin types. It’s been created to help oxygenate and revive skin and exfoliate it using rounded Jojoba microspheres to prepare it for the next step in your skincare routine — serums and moisurisers.
You can find all these ZENMED Skincare Products and many more online here.
I was sent these products for this review. As always, all my reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.