5 Common Reasons Why People Fail at Weight Loss
Many people struggle with keeping their body at a healthy weight and there are many reasons for this. Carrying excess weight is of course not good for our physical health but it can also have a huge negative impact on our confidence and how we feel about ourselves.
To many people, losing weight is a big deal and there are many misconceptions about how the process will be and how long it will take to reach the goal of a healthy weight. This is one of the leading reasons as to why people fail when trying to lose weight.
Find the real reasons for your failure:
Here is a compilation of the mos common reasons why people struggle with this:
- Inconsistency: If you’ve been trying to eat well and exercise for a while but are still not seeing results, you might not be doing it right. Think about it – have you been inconsistent or inefficient? Are you really eating as well or going to the gym as often as you think? Losing weight isn’t rocket science, but it does call for dedication and hard work. It is important that you stick to the routine that you’ve decided on if you want it to work. Try to keep yourself going by keeping your goal in mind.
- Setting unrealistic goals: If you expect that your weight loss routine will offer you results from day one, then you are wrong. It is important to understand the program and procedures correctly and thus set goals accordingly. Set short term goals which you can actually achieve and set new ones when you’ve reached them. Take one step at a time and be realistic.
- Not maintaining your diet: What you eat is a huge part of any weight loss attempt so if you want to succeed you need to eat a healthy diet. If you’re not sure what you should eat, see a dietician who can help you design a menu that will work for you and your goals. Obviously, avoid junk food and don’t forget to complement with exercise. Work on your will power and try to avoid emotional eating and only eat when you’re actually hungry. Some people benefit from programs like the Isagenix 30 day system to kickstart a new routine.
- Hating your body: Your body is your temple and it will stay the way you treat it. If you have a body that makes you feels uncomfortable then it is probably your own fault. It is time to stop hating yourself and work towards taking better care of yourself and your body. Embrace yourself and try to respect what you have. If you take good care of your body, then it will surely respond back to you in a positive manner.
- Cheating: One of the leading reasons as to why people fail at weight loss is because they tend to cheat the program. If you don’t stick to whichever program you have chosen, you will fail. Some people choose to have a “cheat day” or “cheat meal” once a week when they allow themselves to eat whatever they fancy and this can really help to keep you on track as you have a treat to look forward to.
Will power, determination, time, the right knowledge and a bit of guidance – these are the things you need and if you work hard, you will get the results that you want.