The Very Hungry Caterpillar Sainsbury’s Babywear Range
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of my all-time favourite children’s books and one of the first books I bought when I became a mother myself. It’s such a lovely book and the illustrations are gorgeous!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar was designed, written and illustrated by Eric Carle who is one of the most celebrated children’s authors of all time. This classic picture book has sold over 44 million copies worldwide. One is being bought every 30 seconds and it’s the most read children’s book here in the UK.
It’s a beautiful book and I’m happy to see lots of products featuring our favourite caterpillar so that we can enjoy the cute illustrations even more.
I quite recently reviewed a nice bundle of Very Hungry Caterpillar products and now there’s a new range of babywear with Very Hungry Caterpillar too available from Sainsbury’s. Your little one will look adorable in these onesies, so don’t forget to snap some pics like you would with other cute moments!
This new range includes five baby items in size Newborn to 9-12 months:
- A 100% cotton white bodysuit with bright embroidery and a red trim at the neckline and the bottom. It’s got an envelope neckline and fuss-free poppers. The contrasting trim looks great and I love the embroidery! The pure cotton is so soft and feels very comfortable.
- A 100% cotton white sleepsuit with a different embroidery on the chest and themed pattern on the sleeves. The feet have non-slip soles and you can easily open the sleepsuit for nappy changes using the pop fastenings. There are pop buttons on the top of the back to make dressing and undressing easier too. Again, the fabric is amazingly soft and I’m sure this is lovely and comfortable to sleep in. My husband rarely comments on the kids’ clothes but he pointed out how nice this was!
- A 100% cotton white romper with a large, bright embroidery on the chest, red trim on the neck and themed pattern on the bottom half. The romper is adorable and looks like shorts and a t-shirt. The short sleeved and legs are perfect for warm summer days. I can’t wait for the sunshine to return so my baby can wear this outside.
- A soft baby bib for mealtimes or general drooling. The bib has an appliqué at the front to match the rest of the range and easy to use poppers at the back. There are two poppers so that you can adjust the size. The bib has a terry backing that is very soft and absorbent. The main part is made from 100% cotton and the back is 65% cotton and 35% polyester.
- An amazing and colourful hooded bath towel with gorgeous embroidered details. It’s great for bathtime, the beach or the pool. It’s lovely and soft and so much fun! The main is green and the hood is red and when your little one wears it, he or she looks like the Very Hungry Caterpillar. It’s quite a generous size too so would work for toddlers as well which is lucky because my 3-year-old really wants it! It’s 100% cotton too.
All the items are machine washable. They are so cute and the material is such a nice quality! I love that all the items go well together but that all the embroidery is different too to make the individual items stand out a bit more. Embroidery is a great choice as it looks great and luxurious and is hard wearing as well. All items are available here from Sainsbury’s and they’re really affordable too. The bib is £2.50, the bodysuit £5, the sleepsuit, romper and towel £7.00.
We were sent these items for this review. As always, all my reviews are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own. Contains a sponsored link.