Dry January with Eisberg Alcohol Free Wine – Week 2
You can read my post about Dry January here for more information about the health benefits of a month without alcohol. During January, I’m trying a few alcohol free wines from Eisberg and for this week I have chosen the Sauvignon Blanc. This one is the only Eisberg wine that I had tried before Dry January and you can read my full review of it here.
It is a tasty and fresh wine brimming with classic gooseberry and tropical fruit flavours. It’s ideal to accompany meals containing fish or other seafood and light dishes like salads. I love using wine in cooking and have recently used this wine in a vegetarian risotto full of cheese and green vegetables. It was delicious!
Of course you can enjoy it on its own or why not make a nice mocktail to celebrate the weekend? The recipe on the Eisberg website suggested for the Sauvignon Blanc is called Gingerly Sip. It’s really easy to make and tastes so refreshing! I love ginger ale in cocktails or mocktails.
Here’s the recipe (borrowed from Eisberg.co.uk):
- 100ml Eisberg Alcohol-Free Sauvignon Blanc
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1tsp of sugar
- Cubed ice
- Ginger Ale
- Optional: A twist of orange and a cinnamon stick for decoration
- Pour 100ml of alcohol-free Sauvignon Blanc into a short glass.
- Add the juice of 1⁄2 a lemon, 1 tsp of sugar and lots of cubed ice.
- Top up the glass with the ginger ale and garnish with a twist of orange.
- Use the cinnamon stick to stir with.
I was sent some Eisberg Alcohol Free Wine samples to go with my Dry January posts. As always, all my posts are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.