Pregnant With Baby No. 2 – Baby Sleep Items Wish List
Baby no. 2 is due in just three months and although we have some things from our first baby to use, I have a wish list with the dream products that I would buy now in preparation for our new arrival if money was no object. Most of these items are sleep related as sleeping is what young babies do a lot of. Well, they’re supposed to at least — our first born was never (and still isn’t!) much of a sleeper but I’m hoping our second daughter will be.
My Baby Sleep Items Wish List
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile — We never had a musical mobile with our first daughter and since I want to encourage baby no. 2 to be an independent sleeper and to fall asleep on her own when she’s a bit bigger, something like this will probably be very helpful.
- Babymoov Cosydream and Sleepyhead Deluxe Pod — We borrowed a Babynest from my sister when our first daughter was little and both these products work in similar ways, creating a cosy area in a bigger cot or carry-cot for your baby to sleep in. The cushioning is comfortable and makes your baby feel snug and cuddled. I would use the Cosydream in the cot and the Sleepyhead Deluxe Pod in the carry-cot.
- SnüzPod 3-in-1 Bedside Crib and Mattress — This is probably the item that would make the most difference to us as I’m planning to breastfeed again and this would make the night feeds so much easier as I wouldn’t even have to get up. My baby would be right next to me, safely in her own space but within reach. SnüzPods look so pretty too! It’s been on my wish list since before I even got pregnant.
- The Gro Company Gro-Egg Room Thermometer — Our first baby was born in the winter so then we were worried about making sure she was warm enough. Our second baby will be born in May and will be a newborn in the summer so it will be the opposite this time with us worrying about our baby overheating. An easy to read room thermometer would definitely come in handy!
- BabyBjörn Baby Sitter — BabyBjörn is a brand that I grew up with myself back home in Sweden and I love their simple, ergonomic designs. This baby bouncer chair is beautiful and I would love to use it upstairs for awake time or short snooze sessions. We had a second hand baby bouncer with our first one that we no longer have so it would be lovely to treat ourselves to a new one for baby no. 2.
- Tiny Love 3-in-1 Rocker Napper — I’ve had my eyes on this for a long time and think would be a great product to have downstairs in the living room for daytime and evening naps and for a safe place for a newborn to lay or sit in when there’s a wild toddler running around (which will be pretty much all the time as I look after our 2-year-old full-time and will be doing so when baby no. 2 is here too). It looks really useful and versatile.
What’s on your baby wish list?