Christmas Gift Guide – Gifts for Toddlers & Young Children
Christmas is mainly about the children so finding great presents for the little ones is so much fun! In this Christmas gift guide, I have collected some of my favourite items and ideas for toddlers and young children. I already know that kids would love these items, because my nearly 3-year-old has not been able to take her eyes off this collage with all the gifts!
- Lego. You can never go wrong with Lego! Kids of all ages love Lego and it’s an amazing toy that offers endless of combinations and different types of play. We are definitely a Lego family. My eldest started playing with Duplo when she turned 1 and still plays with that now at nearly 3 but also plays loads with Lego with her dad or with me. This box is a great starter set. It currently costs £12.99 from Amazon.co.uk.
- We also love wooden toys in this household and the Lanka Kade Fair Trade Wooden Red London Bus is gorgeous and looks so much fun! It comes with 14 individual passengers plus a bus driver and conductor. The top of the bus lifts off to allow access to the upper deck, lower deck and passengers. It’s an heirloom quality toy that has been manufactured from sustainable Rubber wood by workers in Fair Trade factories in Sri Lanka. It costs £59.99.
- Play-Doh and fun cookie cutters. My toddler plays with Play-Doh everyday, several times a day. It’s a very creative way to play and learn. She always comes up with new ideas herself and it never stops being fun. I like to add some new cookie cutters to her Play-Doh box every now and then and these Christmas Tree ones would be perfect for the holidays. Play-Doh is available in lots of different sets or as individual tubs and the cookie cutters currently cost £3.32.
- From Babies With Love make amazing baby clothes and now they also make a beautiful range of organic soft toys. We have this whale and it’s so lovely! Read my full feature about their organic baby clothes here and my review of the whale here. The toys cost £15.90 each. All profits go around the world to help abandoned children.
- Marili Skincare is a brand of natural and organic skincare products for kids. The award-winning products are gentle and loved by children and adults. They make lovely luxury gift sets that are perfect for Christmas. The gift packs include a high quality soft plush toy, a soft 100% cotton t-shirt or baby grow and a full sized bottle of scent free body wash. We love the full set! You can choose between a Giraffe, a Zebra or a Leopard themed box and choose the size you need for your child’s t-shirt or baby grow. They cost £35.99 each.
- Toddlers these days are obsessed with Surprise eggs and toys that you can stack inside each other and this Winnie The Pooh Hide Inside Winnie set looks perfect for these kinds of games. They are suitable from 6 months+ but I think slightly older children would have even more fun with them. The characters have a Weeble feature and soft ears and textured feet. RRP is £13.99 but the price fluctuates online.
- Most kids love baking if you introduce them to it and a fun set like the Chocolate – Dino Biscuit Mini Baking Kit from BKD is a stylish and fun way to get baking. There are lots of different types of sets to choose from and all you need to add to this one is an egg and some butter. You even get a cookie cutter and edible decorations to create fun designs. My girl loves dinosaurs (and biscuits!) and we had lots of fun baking these yummy and fun dinosaur treats. This set costs £9.99 and is available online or from John Lewis, for example.
- Now that my eldest is turning 3, we’re going to introduce her to Sylvanian Families. My older sister had some when we were little and I always thought they were great. There are lots of sets to choose from, big and small, for different budgets and different animal preferences. We have bought the Sylvanian Families Supermarket and will buy some characters soon too. I don’t know which animal to start with! Prices vary depending on the set.
- I love toys that are educational and fun and I loved learning about flags and maps when I was little. The Magnetic World Map by Janod is educational, fun and decorative too! It would look amazing in any children’s room and teach kids about the world. It’s not suitable for children under 36 months. This map currently costs £40.00.
- Some new loungewear like this gorgeous red dressing gown by Polarn O. Pyret would make an amazing, snuggly Christmas gift! It’s such a nice product and the quality is brilliant, like always with Polarn O. Pyret. It’s available for babies, toddlers and children up to 14 years so all the kids can match. It costs £25-£30 depending on size. Read my full review here.
- Is your kid a Disney fan? Then consider a Disney Subscription Box from Waltlife that makes a perfect gift for boys and girls alike. Packed inside is a number of Disney toys and accessories that are perfect to surprise your children on Christmas. Browse the website for the merchandise that you can include in the surprise box!
Some products mentioned are PR samples, others are not. All items have been chosen by myself to be in this guide. Contains a sponsored link.