MyBuddy-Box, The Alternative Aldi Challenge & My Aldi Favourites
A little while ago, I was challenged to take the #AlternativeAldiChallenge which is to see if you can beat the fast cashier and fill your MyBuddy-Box before you get asked to pay. MyBuddy-Box is a clever invention — it’s a storage box that you can use for many things but what’s so great about it is that it folds up really small, is very strong and sturdy and is stackable too. It’s a great box to take with you when you’re doing your supermarket shop. Read my full review of it here.
I usually shop in Aldi midweek and then I just walk up with the pushchair but for this occasion we took the car so that we could use the MyBuddy-Box and take the challenge. I also took this opportunity to do a shop of some of my absolute favourite Aldi items that I always get and document the items here on my blog.
Here’s some of our shop. It’s a medium sized shop for us with some treats and some bits for the home that we needed.
The #AlternativeAldiChallenge was a success! I easily finished packing the shopping away into the MyBuddy-Box before it was time to pay. I’d forgotten to take a trolley coin with me but if I’d had a trolley I would have been even faster. Having a box like this makes it really quick and easy to put your items away.
When you put your shopping on the conveyor belt you can even put the heavier items first and the light, delicate ones last to make it even easier.
Another thing about the MyBuddy-Box that is great is that you can just put it straight in the boot of your car from the trolley. No organising needed. The box protects your shopping and removes the risk of bottles rolling around and bags falling over spilling the shopping as you drive.
The MyBuddy-Box is also great to use to sit in when eating your rice cakes.
My Aldi Favourites
What did we buy? After the recent Aldi Baby & Toddler Event, we are still stocked up on our favourite nappies and wipes that we usually buy when we go to Aldi. These Mamia products are definitely part of my favourite items from Aldi, but we didn’t need any more on this occasion.
- Double Length Toilet Tissue 6 Pack £1.95 — We’ve been using this toilet roll for years now and it’s great. Super soft and great value. It was tested on Channel 4’s Superscrimpers and it was the winner of their test.
- Junior Mini Rice Cakes £0.59 — Review here. My daughter loves these!
- Pistachios £1.25 — Delicious and such a great price!
- Breaded Camenberts 4 pack £1.89 — This is my absolute favourite Aldi product! They are so tasty and addictive. At the end of my pregnancy, I stocked up on these to eat after giving birth. I really struggled going 9 months without these! Everybody loves them. We eat ours with jam. I want some now…
- Herbs £0.41 each — We use a lot of basil and oregano in our house because we love Italian food. These herbs from Aldi are great quality and amazing value.
- Orange & Almond Dark Chocolate £1.19 — This is something I buy a lot! The dark chocolate available in Aldi is very tasty and this packet contains five mini chocolate bars so that helps if you struggle to not eat it all… The Mint one is another one of my favourites.
- Beer, San Miguel 660ml £1.25 — Aldi makes a really nice french lager in small glass bottles that we usually get but on this occasion we spotted these very large San Miguel bottles and San Miguel reminds us of our last holiday so we thought they were suitable for the heatwave. Great value again!
- Crème Caramel 6 Pack £0.68 — This is a new bargain favourite. Crème Caramel reminds me of childhood desserts but I’d not had one since becoming vegetarian at the age of 12. I was pleased to see that these do not contain gelatine nor eggs (I don’t like eating eggs) so we bought some. Very tasty, simple and not too indulgent — perfect when you’re craving something sweet. The whole family loves them and they only cost 68p for six!
- Anti-bacterial Wipes Pack of 40 £0.75 — We use these all the time to clean all kinds of surfaces in our home. I even took these with me on holiday to sanitise the aeroplane and the highchairs in restaurants when our girl was a baby.
- Anti-bacterial Cleaner Spray £0.49 — Another cleaning staple in our home. We use this in the kitchen to clean the work surfaces, our table and the sink. Sometimes I use it for the floor. It’s available in a Lemon scent too.
Those are our favourites! This shop only cost £13.36 — what a bargain. What do you usually buy from Aldi?
For a chance to win a MyBuddy-Box, enter my Rafflecopter below. Terms & Conditions apply. The competition ends on the 22nd of July 2015. Designs may vary. UK entrants only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was sent a MyBuddy-Box to use in this challenge. As always, all my posts are 100% honest and all thoughts and opinions are my own.